Parimatch Tech is among the leaders of the Ukrainian IT industry in terms of reputation among professionals and students
IT Ukraine Assosiation, MZ Hub and LOOQME conducted a study of the reputation of the IT industry: analyzed the activity of companies in social networks and the media, interviewed IT professionals, their environment, students and industry experts. 1692 respondents took part in the research.
Interviewed experts declare only a positive impact on the country’s economy and society. Among other things, they point to:
- expert and highly intellectual work,
- legality (businesses pay taxes within the current Sole proprietor system),
- export orientation of the industry,
- development of other businesses (creation of 3.5 jobs around 1 in IT),
- social responsibility of players.
Respondents note three main beneficial effects from the industry – inflow of investments / currency into the country, creation of new jobs and replenishment of the state budget.
Experts add that the IT industry creates a middle working class and is a social elevator for young people.
Charts: IT Ukraine Association
Problems of the industry
Among three main problems:
- intellectual migration, ie the outflow of highly qualified specialists abroad,
- insufficient number of domestically produced products,
- insufficient number of IT specialists.
The results of the survey show that the retention of people in Ukraine and problems with education are more relevant compared to the use of the Sole proprietor model. At the same time, experts observe the development of startups, attempts to develop their product in service companies.
The study identified topics that cause social tension:
- Attempts by the state to regulate the industry, to take it under control without discussing with IT representatives. According to experts, a change in the tax burden on the industry could negatively affect its further growth
- Uncertainty about the Sole proprietor model. Experts declare that the current system is the most successful for the development of IT. At the same time, there are questions about the reliability of this model
- Lack of stability and insecurity is pressure on IT companies, distrust of the judiciary, insecurity of property rights hamper its development and hinder long-term plans
Knowledge of IT companies
The highest indicators of the level of knowledge among all audiences and, in particular, among students have:
Among students mostly known:
Among the IT environment:
Reputational leaders in the industry were identified with the following indicators:
- Active presence, namely, how the company is visible in social networks, media, as well as actively present in the minds of stakeholders.
- Trust-tone, that is, the general tone of mentions in social networks and in the media and, accordingly, the tone of the attitude of stakeholders.
- Leadership, the company is an industry leader, sets industry standards.
- Employer, the company is an attractive place to work in the IT industry.
- Management, the company has effective management, it demonstrates good results.
- Social responsibility, the company initiates and supports social projects.
- Innovations, the company is innovative, has a modern technological stack, implements innovative solutions.
According to a study by EPAM Ukraine, Soft Serve, Global Logic, Wargaming and Ubisoft are among the first group of reputable leaders.
Grammarly is added to the second group of leaders, and Luxoft, Sigma Software, Ciklum and DataArt are added to the third.
Technology, innovation and content — a single ecosystem for sports fans from Parimatch and Setanta Sports
The three rules of responsible gambling by Oleksandr Usyk
These funds will be used to purchase 10,000 sets of military uniforms for border guards.