Gianluigi Buffon: “Cooperation of leaders is important in every case”
Modern sport is very close to business and tech, so it is not surprising that the topic of its development was discussed during the online conference “PM GO: Go Global!”, which was conducted for the eighth time by Parimatch Tech.
During the broadcast, an interview with one of the most famous football players in the world, Gianluigi Buffon, was shown. The multiple Italian champion at Juventus, whose official betting partner is Parimatch, is also a successful businessman.
– Often in their careers players face the fact that they have to play with teammates of other nations, other religions and, so to speak, “other cultural content.” How do you, the players, manage to overcome such differences in one team?
– Differences between team members can be overcome by finding a common team goal, ie the ability to work together to achieve a certain result.
– What components are important for a good team game?
– You need to be able to accept the defects of teammates, which is clearly an important step towards their joint integration, first of all, and you need to have altruism, because, in my opinion, altruism helps a lot.
– Why do you need a leader in team work when it comes to football or, say, in business? What characteristics do you think a leader should have?
– Yes, the team needs a leader! Often you can find such a leader in the person of a coach, or in people who are not directly related to the field. In order to ensure good work, the cooperation of leaders is needed, one of whom, let’s say, is recognized by all, who stands above the others, and then there are all the others, those who try to promote their ideas, their “credo”.
– What qualities, of those that you have in football, can be useful in work?
– Feelings of dissatisfaction with the result, as well as the ability to work in a team, to cooperate with others.
– In football, as in many other activities, team goals are more important than individual ones. This is the only way to success! How do you manage and reconcile team and your own goals?
– Both in football and in team work, the golden rule, “The Rule number one” should be: “be able to prefer team goals to their own, individual goals.” However, this is not always the case… Often some periodicals emphasize the achievements of a certain person, without realizing that the success of one is the work of the whole team. I think this is unfair.
But at the same time, I have to say that a lot depends on your own character, your approaches and your role in the game, because, for example, if you play as a defender or a midfielder, you are more likely to play as an altruist, because they, so to speak, do more dirty, hard work, protect the gate.
In turn, the attackers are those players who bring victory to the team, by their game they are designed to give great joy to the team, but they in their game come from a more individual position, ie are more selfish.
– In football, as in any job in general, to succeed means to make a lot of self-sacrifice. How do you manage to keep your motivation? What helped you in the most difficult moments of your career?
– I think I always had “stocks” from which I “drew” every time there was a need for it. I have an ironic, or even self-ironic, approach to life, and it allows me to perceive problems with ease, without losing focus and without being deceived about the size of the problems, whatever they may be.
Also, in my case, I am aware of “who I am and what I am”, and when problems come, that is, the so-called “rough patch”, I know very well that the best solution is to concentrate on work. Things have to work out one way or another, because that has been the case for more than twenty years, and I think it will continue to be so.
– “For you, the team means…”?
– What is the secret of Juventus?
– The most important characteristic of a strong leader?
– The ability to speak to other people’s hearts, as well as the ability to evoke self-respect!
– What is your biggest goal?
– Make my teammates appreciate me!
– What is more important on the field?
– Desire and determination to achieve victory!
"Focus" learned from Mykhailo Koval, head of the legal department of Parimatch, about what is happening with the gambling business after its legalization.
Parimatch and Na chasi have created a new special project about Ukrainian athletes.
Katerina Belorusskaya, President of the Parimatch Foundation, told MC.Today where to start charity.